Wednesday 15 December 2010

Following, Imitating baby

I like to think he's teaching me... from the very beginning, through the fear of the first trimester into nutritional self education, to emotional balancing, to the mediative intensity of birthing.... But then as a little infant, the backbends and burping, teaching me to clear. the facial expressions making my face more flexible and expressive, and now the hand movements. they're inspiring me to learn sign language. And, of course, sign language is officially different in india, america, england, japan, and everywhere else, but we all ave signs we make with our hands naturally, and learning sign language has made me more in touch with that natural movement that comes about with my hands.

I could ignore the little twitches of the fingers he does while he's nursing, or the little grabbing motions he makes on my arm when he's looking ta the world... but i'm not going to. Every movement has meaning and intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment