Sunday 15 October 2017

Moving in, Making Music, and entering the Marijuana industry

Hi there,
I don't know who reads these, so leave a comment. I see how many views posts get and I wonder "hmm, who saw those words?"

Today is Sunday. I woke up tired because I took two 10mg gummies yesterday, but having no fat in my diet, I accidentally did not enjoy the effects of cannabinoids in my perception. However, them being in my system, I got a good hangover. Usually, 10mg is plenty and I didn't realize that fat was needed to carry the THC into my system!

I recently moved to Breckenridge, Colorado. Weed is legal here, so it's like I've come out of the closet. I never was in the closet, even in Maryland, but I was discreet about it. I started in college and it helped me with some PTSD. It helped me wake back up into life, and it continues to wake me up from dullness. Contrary to the stereotypes, cannabis helps me be sharper, more reactive to my present environment, and not so caught up in the mental hubbub. I got a job budtending in Breckenridge and I'm very excited about it. I've got a lot to learn. So far I've learned about distillates, vape options, concentrates, wax, how THC turns into CBN so old weed isn't bad weed, it's just misapplied due to being misunderstood!

Anywho! Moving into a new town is fun. I miss my friends and my roots are in shock, but I am transplanting myself once again in order to enjoy fresh powder winters and escape the sprawl of the DC-suburbs. Finally! I've escaped! \o/ <(yay!)       ~And here in town there are great restaurants that I never go to because they're $$$$, but I enjoy that they're there. I like going to the Breckenridge Brewery because my friend works there and they have gluten free buns for the burgers. And I am looking forward to a "night about town" to give the Motherload Tavern some of my time and money. I think it'd be fun! There's open mic nights and karaoke nights there. Another establishment that regularly jams is the Hangar, way off Main street, on Airport Rd (a place named in anticipation of an Olympic-imported airport that never happened). It's close to my neighborhood in Peak 7. I love this little part on the northern end of town, and I want to start visiting the Hangar regularly since it's the closest "musical venue" around. I really like singing and making music. It's therapeutic. And although I aspire to perform in front of people in a fantasy-kind-of-way, whenever confronted with the opportunity to do so, I can feel my temperature rising and the skin on my face getting thick with embarrassment.

Today as I strummed out some tunes on the ukulele I considered the possibility that I don't really like how the ukulele and I sound together. After a few songs on the uke, it all sounds like the same tingy strings with a different set of chords, with a different message in the lyrics. I enjoy singing and accompanying myself, though, and letting stuff out! I switch over to the piano when the sound becomes unbearable, and play some tunes there. It's better on the piano. Any oaf can play ukulele, but piano takes at least a few hundred hours of practice, and I've put that time in, so there's at least a little pride in that. However, the ukulele can be learned in a few hours, and I can't master unique strumming patterns, so it all sounds the same. *shrug* I'm buying a low G string for ukulele and will see if that changes my mind at all. Maybe it will take away from the tinny association and make it a fuller sound. If that doesn't do the trick to satisfy me I'll get a loop pedal and play with that! That always looks pleasant when I see people showcasing their experiments.

Even my kid doesn't like to hear me play the ukulele. So that's gotta be saying something!

Well.... Why am I blogging again? Moving in, making music, and marijuana. Okay, I've covered most of the topics. A little more on moving in:

Breckenridge has so much to do. Just yesterday the town put on an amazing Fall Festival for the kids and kids-at-heart. There were crafts like pumpkin painting and of course the bouncy castles, face painting, and balloon arts... typical, but the unique twists on the fall festival were impressive! (And yes, that's where I was disappointed that my milligrams weren't kicking in due to lack of fat intake. Plenty of sugar! Plenty of fruit! Plenty of veggies!

There's a lot to do here. Today I climbed at the rec center, chilled at home, and then went on a lovely mountain bike ride. Tomorrow it's Monday. Back to the work week!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment