Monday 15 November 2010

Establishing nap routine

I thought that would be easy, but it looks like I have to notice what I do naturally.

It is not the baby who will form habits, but it is me. And he will only get used to my routines.

I don't put music on for him. I put music on for me. i like to sing, and he likes to hear me do what i've done all the time. I loved white noise during pregnancy, as it muffled the conversations from below and around my walls. So, listen to adele, maybe we can switch up the songs, but i haven't found anything more appropriate than "Daydreamer" for the nap-time preparation song, and then followed by city sounds that I recorded on our front porch.

There is really too much information in my mind about sleep-training. One really shouldn't try to fix something that one doesn't independently feel is broken...

But i have started to try sleep training... and i have moments of being an asshole to my baby because of it...

And there's a lot going on in our energetic/psychic/life-emotion field. Our friends who gave birth to baby girl Cora almost a week ago had their baby taken away from them for the last 4 days. I have a lot of anger on the issue, and my son is a mirror for my projected anger... and who knows, maybe my son is truly feeling Cora's traumatic anguish of separation and abandonment. I talked to him face-to-face about it, and talking to him and crying with him about it really seemed to help, and his tones sounded like he understood my emotional flow... I know it's awful and unjust. There are some glitches in this earthly matrix. Lets work to make it better. I know it isn't perfect, but you will not be abandoned. I'm here. You're here. We are safe. Good things are coming our way. Good things are here. Everything is perfect as it is and everything is as it is and should be...

I have a recurring dream about not knowing where my baby is and needing to get to him... I've had the dream since his birth, and now its come true for my friends. I hope they get compensated in the millions for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment