Friday 18 May 2012

Good parenting! Voila.

Usually I notice distracted parents, authoritative parents, unreasonable parents, uninspired, tired parents... So I am happy to report in my playground observations a day of witnessing good parent after great parent. A dad was playing a bilingual word game wIth his three year old. ¿Como ce dice...luz... En ingles? He was really working hard to come up with words for her to translate. And English is his second language. Him and his partner decided to speak Spanish at home so she learns both English in the world and Spanish at home. As a trilingual speaking kid, I appreciate his parental efforts. At one point daddy's little girl hurt herself and he said, aww vamos a la casa. And she stared screaming louder. He was so sensitive to her crying he wanted to retreat home. I started mumbling under my breath that she is hurt but doesn't want to go home, and I was afraid he wouldnt hear her, but the girl used her articulating skills to say she would just like some ice on her forehead and a drink of water, and not to go home. Very sweet! Good parenting efforts paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment