Saturday 24 March 2012

assert yo'self, momma!

A 3 year old boy becomes fascinated with me and we begin playing together. He is shooting imaginary beams out of his openfaced hands, and i am pretending to be loaded up with energy and occasionally blasted away. I shoot him back with imaginary beams out of my open hands. It begins to drizzle/mist very lightly, not enough to get wet. The mother follows us around for 15 minutes telling him how its raining and she wants to go in a tone of voice that sounds like a child whining. She is weak. He ignores her. When she finally asserts herself, he is leaving and I say goodbye, but he complains that he wants to stay. she gives him five more minutes and sets a timer (which had been going off over and over again previously and she would say "see? the timer is going off! We need to go!" but never followed through) We continue to play. Finally, I have to leave because my son is ready for his nap and they probably leave soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment